Sunday, May 27, 2012

Julie & Julia

My husband is doing his programming homework.  So I watched Julie & Julia.  I love that movie.

If you are familiar with the story line, Julie Powell has decided to take Julia's book and accomplish all of her recipes in exactly 365 days.  It is not an easy task, but she is dedicated, and accomplishes the impossible.

Now, I don't think I could ever commit myself to such a task.  First of all, I could see the pounds coming on quite fast.  (Especially since every recipe tends to feature butter, butter, and more butter!)  Second of all, I don't think my wallet (or Ryan's!) could afford that kind of exquisite cooking day in and day out.  Third of all, I'm not that determined.

But, I do want to become better at cooking.  In fact, I did try something new this week.  I cooked with pork for the first time ever.  I didn't even need to call my mom.  (A simple feat that I am quite proud of!)  It turned out delicious.  I need to become more brave and adventuresome with cooking.  We have had too many meals of soups and sandwiches and spaghetti.  My poor husband. 

So I'm off to become a better cook.  Not quite like Julia Childs, but better, nonetheless!

Bon appétit! :)


I may or may not have added this book onto my wish list after watching Julie & Julia.

No comments:

Post a Comment