Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fall Lament


I logged onto Facebook and Instagram to realize that is is officially the first day of Autumn.  Friends posted beautiful pictures of the mountains back in Utah changing colors.  Some pictures depicted fall clothing, bundled up in beautiful sweaters with leggings and boots.  Others talked about picking apples at an orchard.  Another posted pictures of a pumpkin patch.  It made me miss fall.  Badly.

Now don't get me wrong, I adore Florida.  I really do.  I love the humidity breathing on my neck, the sun shining on my face, and knowing that there is a beach not so far away.  I love it.  I love the fact that I won't have to scrap my car of ice during the winter, or slip and slide while the roads are icy.  Florida is also beautiful with its palm trees and greenery.  It is gorgeous here.  But I am a fall girl.  Fall is my favorite of seasons, and I find myself wishing the air would be crisp and that the leaves would turn colors.  Then it can go straight on back to being beautiful fall weather.  Oh, I miss the fall.  I really, really do.

I find myself looking at the calendar, and immediately going to my closet to pick my best chunky cardigan, layered among cute tees and tanks.  I grab my tights and find myself reaching for my scarf and boots, only to remember that I do not have fall weather.

I miss corn mazes, and crisp nights wrapped up with hot chocolate and a blanket.  I miss driving up the mountains and seeing the beautiful array of colors.  I miss bundling up and finding new ways to layer clothing.  I miss everything about Fall.  My heart is yearning for it.


Florida, I love you very much, but can you please, just maybe consider fall for a short while? Pretty please?






1 comment:

  1. I miss that one night that you went to the corn maze with different friends than I went with! haha :)
    bah! Come Back!!!

    ReplyDelete