Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Projet Garcon


"Projet Garcon" or, in English, "The Boy Project", was officially accomplished on January 14th, 2012.

Now what is this boy project, you may ask?

Well! Let me tell you!

Many moons ago, I came up with a brilliant idea.  I was contemplating one day about how much money a guy spends from the moment he starts dating until he gets married.  Seriously.  We are talking about thousands of dollars spent on dates, wooing, and flowers.  Lots and lots of money here.

So! What I decided to do, was that I would start to take the money that was spent on me and put it in a separate savings fund.  Yea, even match the money spent.  

For example, if a guy took me out to dinner and paid roughly $35 for the both of us, I would take $35 of my own money and stick it into my "project garçon" account.  I know, it sounds like a lot, but I mean, if the guy has the money to do it, why wouldn't I? In the process, I would not only be saving a bunch of money for my end result, but I would also be conscious of the effort the guy has put into the date, and the sacrifice he has made.

Now, the plan was that on the day that I got married, my new husband would receive the final amount.

I gave Ryan $511.13.  I started this project back in July, and this was the acquired amount.  If only I started it earlier, could you imagine the amount that would have come up?  It was such a fun project, and the reward of seeing the look and astonishment on Ryan's face was priceless.  SO much fun to see how shocked he was when I told him about my "Boy Project". 

What about you? Would you try out the Boy Project? Or do you have an idea of your own?


1 comment:

  1. That's quite cool! I am way too cheap, especially right now, to do that. But seriously, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete