Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sunday was Pioneer Day in Utah

Pioneer Day.  There are a few reasons why I am a new fan of this holiday.

#1:  I get work off, and paid for.  Boo ya.

#2:  Great excuse for pie

#3:  Great excuse for blowing up fireworks.

#4:  Great excuse for partying.  OH yeah.

So, a few others and myself happened upon the Pioneer Extravaganza down in Provo.  I didn't even know this existed.  Here are a few pictures to showcase the grand fete of pioneers:

This is legit.  Not a posed to be pioneery,  but it is the real stuff:  (Note: Pioneers shown not legit.  Sorry to disappoint.)






(The Ox, unfortunately is not legit either.)



Festivities then included mustaches.  Why not?



Also...festivities included the actioning off of small children...




Do you feel like you were there now?  I sure hope so.  It was rather epic.  I mean, just look at my mustache.  Epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment