Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sick

Happy weekend! I hope your weekend plans are a LOT more exciting than mine.  My Friday night plans have been to lounge, rest, watch Arsenic and Old Lace, and eat.  Today was a sick day for me.  Last night, I knew I was in trouble when I started shaking uncontrollably from feeling "cold" when no one in the apartment felt cold at all.  Why, hello fever.  How great it is to meet you.  I slept all day long.

Now, I get rather antsy when I just sit at home and do nothing.  I start going crazy.  I start going through my to-do list (my real one, not my fake one) and start thinking of all the things I could accomplish throughout the day, since I am not at work.  (Dear Erin, there is a reason for that...YOU ARE SICK!)  You will be happy to know, however, that I only left my apartment once to run to the grocery store (a sick girl needs OJ ok?).  The rest of the day was spent in bed, or on my living room couch.  All day long.

It is now 12:58 a.m.  I am terrified to go to bed.  Why, you ask? I've been sleeping all day.  Why on earth would my body let me fully sleep through the night?  I'm afraid it will shout and prod, "You've been sleeping all day! Get up you lazy girl!"  I don't want to take that kind of torment.  So I am stalling sleep time.  (You can't get mad at me...Remember? I've been a good girl and slept/rested all day long!)

However, in my sick state, I managed to pick up an old Cary Grant classic, "Arsenic and Old Lace".  Please, oh please tell me you have seen it.  It is rather hilarious and it is definitely worth the watch.  Describing it just won't do it justice.  You just need to go watch it.  Now.  Right now.



Then, as I was fiddling around on Facebook (where all go when they have nothing left to do), and I found this YouTube video of Harry Potter, How it Should Have Ended.  I rather enjoyed it.  Especially the end where Dumbledore announces the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher.  It was my favorite part and I laughed, a lot.   Check it out:



I wish I could say that today was a success...I suppose in a sense it was.  I rested.  Which was exactly what I needed to do.  I just hope I'm not stuck inside all day tomorrow.  Here's to feeling better!  Perhaps I'll actually attempt to go to bed now.  Good night, folks!

1 comment:

  1. Best movie ever! A Cary Grant classic, haha, I love those old ladies. Well feel better :)

    ReplyDelete